Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil: A Deeper Look into ED Drugs
One of the problems a lot of men face when they get to a certain age or when they are afflicted by certain ailments is erectile dysfunction. This kind of a problem in the past would have left a man feeling less like the man he once was and would eventually make him feel unwanted and unfulfilled. These days however, the invention of medications that can combat erectile dysfunction has given men around the world a second chance at having a normal sex life despite their penile problems.
Some of the active ingredients that are used to manufacture some of the more popular erectile dysfunction drugs in the world include Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. Sildenafil Citrate is known for being the main ingredient used in such erectile dysfunction drugs like Viagra, Kamagra, Caverta, and Silagra. Tadalafil on the other hand is known for being used in drugs like , , , and . Vardenafil is best known for being used in Levitra.
These three different main ingredients may be used in different drugs, but all of these come with the same effect. This effect however is achieved in slightly different ways and the duration of these effects can also vary from one active ingredient to another.
To start the basic comparisons of these three active ingredients used for different erectile dysfunction drugs, here are some ingestion and efficacy facts:
- Sildenafi should be ingested orally half an hour to an hour before sexual activity. One dose is expected to have an effectiveness of around 4 hours.
- can be taken orally fifteen minutes before a person engages in sexual activity. A single dose is said to have an effectiveness that may last for 36 hours.
- Vardenafil has to be taken orally about an hour before sexual activity. This drug starts to take effect fifteen minutes to an hour after being ingested. The effect of Vardenafil is said to last about five to six hours.
This basic comparison of Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil shows you just what is different and what is similar in these three drugs. It also gives you an idea as to what kind of drug you might want to consider, if you were to need an erectile dysfunction medication.
Basic Information on Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil
To help you understand better what these three drugs can do and why some are more popular than others, here is a primer on each of these three drug choices:
- Sildenafil. Due partly to a safety profile that spans more than a decade, this drug is actually the most prescribed of all three choices. This drug has also been noted to work on men of different ages and with different degrees of erectile dysfunction problems. This drug has also been seen to have worked well on men that suffer from a variety of other health issues.
Sildenafil is available in tablets that are made in 25, 50, and 100 mg dosages. While the most common dosage is 50 mg, patients should first consult with their doctors on what dosage will best work for them and their particular erectile dysfunction problem.
While Sildenafil is known to change how a person perceives colors and is not ideally taken before driving a vehicle, it does show a positive effect on the user's heart rate and blood pressure.
- Tadalafil. This drug is considered to be a better choice over Sildenafil by some people due to the fact that you can take it with a bit of alcohol or on an empty or full stomach. This drug is also the fastest acting of the three since it can be taken a mere fifteen minutes before any sexual activity. People who are prescribed this drug for erectile dysfunction usually use a 20 mg dosage. It is recommended however that people new to this drug take only an initial dosage of 10 mg.
Of all three choices, Tadalafil is the only one that can be safely used on a daily basis. This drug also has the longest known length of efficacy, which runs an astounding 17 to 36 hours. One of the side effects that worry users about Tadalfil however, is myalgia or muscle pain. People who are worried about possible heart complications associated with this drug also opt for other choices.
- Vardenafil. This choice is said to be the kindest on a person's cardiovascular system. This drug comes in dosage choices that include 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg. People who are prescribed this erectile dysfunction drug are asked to ingest this at least 25 minutes before intercourse, but the effect of this medication is known to last for as long as six hours. This is also a great choice for those who are bothered by the visual disturbance side effects of Sildenafil.
Using These Erectile Dysfunction Drugs
Despite these slight differences, these three erectile dysfunction drugs are all formulated to help men achieve and maintain penile erections in order for them to perform the sexual act. All of these three medications, Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil, are PDE5 inhibitor drugs or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor drugs. These three medications work to ease the problem of erectile dysfunction by getting rid of the main problem associated with this dilemma and that is the lack of ample blood flow to the penis.
How these three erectile dysfunction drugs work is easy enough to understand. Upon the ingestion of the right dosage of any of these three, the formulation then works to smoothen the muscle cells that line the blood vessels that lead to the penis. This then helps in giving the user the erection that they want, with the help of sexual stimulation of course, since it helps increase the blood flow to the penis.
While these three erectile dysfunction drugs can be easily obtained online, a patient should try to consult first with a medical professional about the right dosages and the right kind of erectile dysfunction medication ideal for their case. It is also a good idea to use these according to your physician's instructions and to not take more than is necessary or prescribed to avoid overdose problems and other complications that might arise from taking these medicines improperly.
ed-med.net - ED Drugs Pharmacy.